Angelic Palliative & Hospice Care Volunteering
VolunteerFor as little as an hour or two a month you can make a difference to a hospice patient in your community. Share your interests and talents, or lend a listening ear to someone who simply enjoys your company. A gift of your time and compassion to those on their final journey can mean so very much to these patients and their loved ones. Your volunteer service will fit your schedule and interests, and visit assignments are your choice.
For the convenience and preference of volunteers, training is provided either online or in person. Volunteer visitors must be 18 years of age. Younger volunteers (a minimum of 16 years old) can only visit patients if they do so with an adult volunteer. This is a perfect parent and child experience for those who seek volunteer opportunities for the family. Those as young as 16 can volunteer as office support.
Fill out our online Volunteer Application and background check forms and someone will get back to you shortly.
Volunteer activities can include:
- Reading, playing music, card games, or crafts activities.
- Listening to and documenting their memories for a life or memory journal.
- Staying with patients to give family members a break to run errands, or take care of their own needs.
- Certified Pet Visitors for pet lovers.
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours.
- Bereavement and grief support of family.
- Office support to assist with administrative duties in our Northfield office.
Call Us or Click Here to schedule your consultation.
Angelic Palliative & Hospice Care Partners & Affiliation
Angelic Palliative & Hospice Care is proudly accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC), which reflects our dedication and commitment to meeting standards that demonstrate a higher level of performance and patient care. We are also a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO), the Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC), and are privileged to be a hospice partner in the We Honor Veterans initiative.